Our Vision and Mission
The St Brigid’s Catholic School community lives and bears witness to our Catholic tradition, and upholds the motto developed by our founders: ‘Virtue and Knowledge’. We are guided by the Holy Spirit and called to be a living witness to God’s love.
Through virtue we continue to develop the faith of the staff, students and families, supported in our parish. Like Nano Nagle, the founder of the Presentation Sisters, we welcome diversity and have compassion for others.
As seekers of knowledge we are a learning community who encourage and support every individual to achieve their desired aspirations.
We are a community of faith that lives and bears witness to our Catholic tradition.
- The spirit of the Sisters of Charity and the Presentation Sisters inspires the St Brigid’s Catholic School mission of quality Catholic education.
- We develop in all an understanding of the teachings of Christ and the gift of faith as the foundation of our whole school community.
We are a learning community.
- We aim to develop a love of learning.
- We value positive and safe relationships in our community, and in doing so we provide support to parents as the first and foremost educators of their children.
- We strive to create an environment where education is inclusive and provides a meaningful, relevant and appropriate curriculum that promotes lifelong learning.
Our community encourages and supports individuals to achieve their desired aspirations.
- We will assist each child to reach his or her academic, spiritual and social potential.
- We will equip our students with confidence and leadership skills for the future.
At St Brigid’s Catholic School we:
- Value life, love, truth, justice, compassion, encouragement, individuality, diversity and inclusiveness.
- Promote the Gospel Values of respect, charity, care of and for others, social justice, dignity, self-esteem, nurturing and a holistic development of the individual.